Tuesday, August 7, 2007

On the Radio

Longtime readers know I usually use On the Radio to talk about music, but today I want to mention two items I heard on the local newstalk radio.

*Fellow State Pen--er, Penn State alumni will appreciate this one:

At the end of a piece on girl scouts who are training for future career success, one scout told an interviewer she wanted to go to college, specifically, "Harvard, Penn State, or Princeton."

I guess Princeton must be her fall-back school.

*Lemme tell you, it's really hot out there folks. And you KNOW it's hot when the meteorologist talks about a "backdoor cold front" that will lower the temperatures later in the week--into the LOW NINETIES!

Putting aside for now the questions raised by the term "backdoor cold front," let me just remind everyone to stay cool out there, folks, and as Chris Cooper reminds us in "Jarhead," HYDRATE!

No comments: