Friday, November 13, 2009

This Week in DVD

Up: Without a doubt, the best film I've seen in a theater this year. Hey, don't penalize it for being the only film I've seen in a theater this year.

Watchmen The Ultimate Cut: Apparently this is some sort of 5-disc edition. How can they possibly 5 discs with this? Does one disc consist of videos of castmembers sitting down and reading the graphic novel to themselves?

The Ugly Truth: If you were to tell me last year that Katherine Heigl would be in a romantic comedy with Gerald Butler, I'd probably say..."Hey, isn't she supposed to be a real pain in the ass?" because even then, that's pretty much what everyone was saying about her.

American Virgin: Hey, studios: I don't EVER AGAIN want to see Rob Schneider's mug on a DVD cover underneath the words "American Virgin."

Spread: And I don't ever again want to see Ashton Kutcher's torso on a DVD cover, period.

World Series Film Collection: A gigantic box set collecting the films that recap each year's Fall Classic. Give MLB credit for not putting pinstripes on the packaging. Hey, we Pirate fans can party like it's 1979 again!

Three Stooges Collection Volume 7: Hey, this one has a few shorts in 3-D. 3-D, I tells ya!

No comments: