Saturday, April 9, 2011

In theaters this weekend

Soul Surfer: The true story of an outstanding young surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack but came back to compete and inspire countless others. I begged off raking leaves the other day because I nicked my thumb with a butter knife, so, no I can't fathom this kind of courage. I mean, for an actress to actually sever her own arm for a role...wow. Just wow.

Your Highness: This sword-and-sorcery spoof looks like a flop, but what does this cast care? I mean, Natalie Portman has an Oscar and a child on the way, Danny McBride has a thriving movie career and the cult hit status of "Eastbound and Down" to enjoy, and James Franco...uh, well, maybe it won't be such a flop after all.

Arthur: Who the hell was sitting around watching "Arthur" on Encore Drunk Movies or whatever one day and thought, "You know, that's a great romantic comedy, really works in every way...but, man, it's just so dated?"

Hanna: First of all, wasn't Eric Bana gonna be a superstar? Second of all, what strikes me about this thriller about an assassin bred in Finland by her CIA father is that whoever was intimidated by a person named "Hanna"? But I guess that's EXACTLY THE POINT! DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!

No comments: