Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why I know "Ice Age 4: Continental Drift" is a good movie

Because my kids love it. They love it so much they want to watch it again and again...and again. And again. And we all know small children are discriminating consumers who don't crave repetition unless it's material of the highest quality, right?

Actually, "Ice Age 4" isn't bad, especially for a fourth installment, at least not from what I've seen. Really I should say from what I've seen in what order, because I've seen the whole movie, just never from beginning to end. It's solid animation with some good laughs and a few life lessons, and there isn't too much in there to really make me cringe on behalf of the kids.

But, man, I have seen a lot of "Ice Age 4."

Relief is on the horizon, though. Their mother recently bought them two NEW movies, a pair of DVDs to go right into the rotation and break up the routine. I look forward to the variety as something fresh comes into our lives for a change.

The movies? "Ice Age 2"  and "Ice Age 3."

No comments: