Wednesday, August 2, 2017

One of the worst kind of posts/articles there is

I write a lot of short, meaningless pieces. This is probably gonna be one of them. But I do not indulge in clickbait, nor do I like to waste my readers' time.

One of the most aggravating type of articles I see on the web is the shallow list. I'm not even talking about the listicle phenomenon or the slideshow. Look at the slew of posts that pop up around the end of the month with titles like, "Here are all the Netflix Originals coming in ___." OK, that's useful info.

However, you read the piece, and all the details are about the shows you already know about. We know what Wet Hot American Summer is by now, and we don't need two paragraphs of Marvel propaganda about The Defenders But what the hell is Disjointed? Does it star Will Arnett like 3 out of 4 Netflix series? What is True and the Rainbow Kingdom? I see a bunch of names that look like standup comedians. How about a little info on them?

And Brad Paisley's Comedy Radio is probably exactly what it sounds like, but a few details would be nice. Instead, you'll see an article about Netflix additions in August that talks about how cool it is The Matrix movies are arriving.

Do better, streaming video news sites!

No comments: