Sunday, October 25, 2009

Panel Discussion: The Man of Nonchalance

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but these back-to-back panels in Superman #147's "The Legion of Super-Villains" seem odd.


Unless this story is leaving out a whole lot of material in between panels, Superman is so unconcerned that a mysterious scoundrel bullied him away by threatening to electrocute a whole bus full of innocent people that he not only is not looking for the villain, but he's hanging out at the fair pitching toy planes to the crowd!

"Oh, well, I'm sure that guy learned his lesson yesterday when I, uh, flew away and let him go about his business. Surely he'll never do anything like that again, and I can go ahead and fulfill my important duties for the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce!"

I'll bet BATMAN would have stayed up all night trying to track down that dude, and if the Gotham Fairgoers went without toy planes the next day, that would just be too bad.

No comments: