Monday, November 15, 2010

It's coming!

It's been a long time since we had an installment of "Budget DVD Theater" on the site, but I have found--no, I have procured--the perfect vehicle to resume the series.

It is with some trepidation that I take this step, though, because the material that I will re-watch for this is so bad that it may ruin me for any other material I watch on DVD for weeks afterward. I first saw it maybe 15 years ago on VHS, and I "enjoyed" it because it was so bad. My father and I had a great time watching it and trying to decipher it ("Is this SUPPOSED to be like this? Was that MEANT to be like that?"), but guess what? This time, my dad isn't going to be here with me.

You'll notice I have not mentioned WHAT I will actually be watching and blogging about. Well, I am committed enough to post this announcement/warning, but I figure if I don't name names, I can back out before I actually do it. I can't yet guarantee I can make it through this the second time around without the sounding board of my father. Then there's the uncertainty that stems from owning this material in DVD format. Will the picture and sound be better? Do I WANT it to be? It's possible the worst way to experience this is in digitally remastered visual and audio glory.

I'm giving myself until Thanksgiving to watch and write about this thing, and if I have the guts to go through with it, Budget DVD Theater will resume on Thanksgiving, a special holiday treat for everyone whose stomachs will already be strained by massive doses of turkey.

No comments: