Friday, June 12, 2009

My wife reads "People" so you don't have to #1

My lovely wife gets "People" magazine, and while I don't read it (not that there's anything wrong with that), every now and then, Mrs. Shark will leave a copy around and I just happen to see a page or two.

In the June 1 issue (I'd mention that Jon and Kate are on the cover, but that wouldn't narrow it down), there is a page of "Singing Celeb Offspring," pairing famous people with their singing spawn. There is a pic of each and a little blurb.

At the bottom--"People" knows the value of saving the best for last, no doubt--is this combo:
Zack Zmed, 26. Son of: Adrian Zmed.

First of all, Adrian Zmed has a 26-year-old son??? Yes, I could just have easily titled this post, "Things that make you feel old #1."

Second, how about that name? I love that Adrian Zmed named his boy "Zack." Double Z, Zack Zmed--very rock and roll.

Finally, I might seek out Zack's music. "People" says, "He's the lead singer for the Janks, who release their self-titled EP of melodic, retro-flavored rock on June 1." There's just something...interesting about Adrian Zmed's son being a rock star. I can't explain why.

So there you have it: one of the fascinating tidbits you can only find in "People"...and here, maybe. Rock on, Zack Zmed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already sought out The Janks' music, I'd suggest you do. They are unreal, and I am confident you will agree whole-heartedly. -A Well Wisher