Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My wife reads "People" so you don't have to: Heidi Montag's surgery obsession

First, let me assure you, dear readers, that Santa Claus renewed my wife's "People" subscription for another year, so as long as you check in here at regular intervals, you can till 2011 without actually reading the magazine. I just hope Santa went through a discounter; he could have saved a bundle by not going through the mag itself.

The January 25 issue features the headline "ADDICTED TO PLASTIC SURGERY" with a picture of the latest version of psuedo-celebrity Heidi Montag. Time to roll out the caveats here: I don't care about Heidi Montag, I think it's ridiculous "People" even gives her a front cover, and I think it's sad that Montag is so desperate for publicity she will reveal all this on the cover of a national publication.

Having said all that, as I look at the before and after (after 1o procedures in a single day, supposedly) pictures, a thought comes to mind. Ladies, you might want to check out here. The Alan Alda-type guys, too--stop back for my next post, "This Week in DVD."

OK, here goes. Heidi Montag, whoever she is--and she sure doesn't look like she used to--looks better than she did before. Am I crazy for saying that? I don't want to encourage excessive amounts of plastic surgery--I don't wish to encourage any cosmetic surgery, for that matter--but in this case, I kind of have to say well done. Whatever Beverly Hills Nip/Tucker put this together turned out an acceptable generic-looking Hollywood starlet.

The thing that gets me now, though, is the cover of the new "Life and Style" I saw at the grocery store on Monday. THIS magazine touts a story on Montag's "PLASTIC SURGERY NIGHTMARE!" Thus confuses me because, though I have not read the "People" article and will not in the future, the captions and pictures indicate she is pleased with her 10-in-1 tour de force.

Which magazine gets it right? Well, unfortunately for you, my wife does NOT read "Life and Style," so if you want to read it, you're gonna have to actually read it.

No comments: