Friday, May 11, 2018

Behind the Rankings: Two channels that will NOT be on the next list!

These two channels have made THE NAUGHTY LIST and will not appear in the Streaming Video Power Rankings this weekend:

*IFC: I was happy that IFC let me authenticate through DirectTV Now last week. Then I tried to watch an episode of Brockmire and was thwarted with a message saying my subscription didn't allow it. I can't say I am surprised, considering my lineup does not involve IFC, but I am miffed.

So you let me authenticate and log on all official-like, but you won't let me actually watch your content? Not cool at all, IFC. Not very I of you! As a matter of fact, it's quite F'n C! (I have no idea what that means, but I am upset I am not gonna be able to watch Brockmire this season after all).

*The Roku Channel: This free channel is always adding new content, including local news from what I read. This month it has new titles like Whiplash and  Foxcatcher. However, it dropped the classic TV series Good Times, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeannie. Maybe this means those shows will appear somewhere else--Crackle? For now, though, they aren't streaming.

I am particularly annoyed at the loss of Good Times since I was watching season 1 on Roku Channel. "Ain't we lucky we got 'em?" No, we ain't lucky, because now we ain't got 'em anymore.

No comments: