Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Week in DVD

Crazy on the Outside: This Tim Allen-directed bomb is billed as a Target Exclusive in the store's weekly ad circular. Hey, that's gonna get folks in the stores! It's about as thrilling a store exclusive as Archer Farms Meatloaf Jerky.


Pirate Radio: Speaking of the Target ad, does the DVD cover of this one really look like the circular indicates? Because I'm getting excited about "Pirate Radio" again, forgetting all the negative reviews, and then I see "From the Creator of Love Actually and Notting Hill" at the top of that picture, and suddenly I'd rather buy a box of Archer Farms Meatloaf Jerky.

Defendor: In this offbeat-looking feature, Woody Harrelson plays a non-superpowered dude who becomes a costumed superhero to figh. crime. Well, Woody doesn't have superpowers, but he of course has the ability to feel no pain, heightened chilling-out skills, and he can devour a half-dozen bags of Doritos in a single sitting.

The Great Mouse Detective: Looking around the Net for opinions on this release, I'm stunned to see how popular it is. I was gonna come in here with a blase "well, every Disney cartoon is somebody's favorite" attitude, but now I think I need to see this.

The Slammin' Salmon: I knew just from seeing the title that this was some kind of "improvisational" comedy. What I didn't know before today was that it came from Broken Lizard, makers of "Super Troopers" and others. Now I know I don't want to see "The Slammin' Salmon."

No comments: