Thursday, July 29, 2010

Corrections

Time to clean up the old desk and take care of some corrections.

*In last week's cantankerous rant--er, thoughtful post about the state of Retro TV, I referenced what I thought was a poor decision by my local affiliate to add 1980s hit "The Cosby Show." As good buddy Ivan graciously pointed out in the comments, RTV is actually presenting the lesser known but superior "Bill Cosby Show." I appreciate the correction, not least because I'm gonna tape it now and look for second season episodes. In my defense, I thought the Cos sitcom being shown was the 1980s version because...that's exactly what my FIOS TV listings said! FIOS, I love you, but your listings leave a bit to be desired sometimes.

*I was a little too high on "Mr. Ed" a few weeks ago. It's a solid but not great sitcom. This is a mild correction.

*Last week, we called "The View" the stupidest show on television. There are, in fact, several more stupid programs. We don't really regret the error.

*15 years ago, we predicted a man would be on Mars by now. We DO regret the error.

*In the previous two items, we used a formal collective "we" when, let's face it, no one is responsible for any errors besides myself. I regret the error.

*My back has been bothering me this week, and I may have altered my posture somewhat to correct for the pain on my right side when I move around. I regret the pain.

*"The Corrections" by Jonathan Franzen is an acclaimed novel. I have never read it.

No comments: