Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This Week in DVD

The Bounty Hunter: Hey, don't ask me about this one. I can't even remember whether or not Jennifer Aniston and Gerald Butler were sleeping together off camera, let alone what happened in the movie. I don't even know if there's a difference anymore.

Greenberg: In this small dramatic indie, Ben Stiller got to exercise his acting muscle again. Of course, it being Stiller, he then got it caught in his zipper.

Chloe: All I know is THIS dramatic small indie-ish film with Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, and Amanda Seyfried is supposed to be...erotic. Ooh, erotic. I say that Atom Egoyan took the easy way out. I mean, the name "Chloe" somehow just carries erotic overtones. I would like to see him make an erotic drama called "Gertrude."

Mystery Science Theater Volume 18: Shout Factory isn't perfect, but it's doing a tremendous job cranking out these 4-DVD sets every few months. Keep bringing them out, please.

Warner Brothers Film Noir Collection Volume 5: Speaking of not perfect, what happened to the extras these sets used to have? Oh, well, the bang for the buck is lower, but nobody will complain when this box its Costco for 20 bucks before Christmas. I'm less excited about this set than I was about the previous 4, but I'm glad it's here. At least we get 8 noir/noirish flicks on legit pressed discs in one neato package. And, yes, the word "neato" should never again be used in association with film noir.

World War I in Color: It was such a horrible war, it drained the color from most of the world until about the mid 1960s or so.

No comments: