Sunday, June 15, 2008

Open Letter to My Daughter

Daughter of mine, you're but two months old now, but when you're old enough to read this, I hope you will heed these words I write to you on this special Father's Day.

Please don't ever watch "The Hills."

In fact, don't watch anything on MTV.

And VH-1. Please don't watch VH-1, either.

You know what? Let's throw BET in there, too. Stay away from that one.

By the time you're reading this, we might have to forget about CMT as well. I'll keep an eye on that.

If VH-1 Classic is still showing videos at that point, feel free to check those out.

I don't want to be one of those overprotective parents who are always trying to monitor every little thing their children read, listen to, or watch. Except in this case. Yeah, do me a favor and stay away from MTV and its ilk. Thanks, sweetie.

--Love, Dad

No comments: