Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Richie Rich? You ain't kidding

Does anyone know why this book is selling for 78 bucks from marketplace sellers on Amazon? OK, so this "Harvey Comics Classics" Richie Rich collection is out of print. But why?

Even if it is OOP...78 bucks? Richie Rich himself would have ask to his old man for an increase in his allowance to get this. I wish I would have picked it up when I had a chance because it must have been printed with gold pages. I must admit it makes a great collectible. Not only do you get the chance to enjoy some old-school Harvey comics, you get a solid investment and a hedge against inflation.

It's not like this reprint series is defunct. Since this volume 2, Hot Stuff and Baby Huey collections appeared, and there's a forthcoming release starring Little Lotta, Dot, and Little Audrey. What's the big secret with this one? I'm sure it's a great book. I bought the first volume, featuring Casper, for half price at a comic convention. I think it's a great value, especially when I compare it to the 400% price of the follow-up.

Richie Rich is a boy of the people, frequently sharing the fruits of being born into wealth with his less fortunate friends. Maybe he should do us a favor and buy some of these copies of his books and distribute them to us poor unwashed fans. Heck, Richie, I'll even wash first, though I'm sure you'll just have Cadbury pass them out.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Yeah, I'd like to see this back in print, I never got around to picking it up and it looks like good fun.