Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Deep Discount, I kind of forgive you

Sure, deep discount.com irritated the blazes out of me a few months back with their bait and snatch of canceling my Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 3 order (for 5 bucks! only 5 bucks!) without notice. But you know my motto: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me--duh, what was I talking about?"

I generally have good experiences with the company, and their prices are too low for me to hold a grudge. Their semi-annual 25% off sale is underway, and last week I jumped in early for 38 bucks to buy the complete "M Squad," a show so good that...well, a show so good I would have been really, really irritated had Deep Discount crapped out on me again.

Not so. In fact, my friend Mike and I have a running joke based on the notoriously slooooow shipping you get from Deep Discount. Hey, I know, it's free, but it's funny how Amazon gets stuff in a few days, while I often see the seasons change while waiting for product from DD.

I made a typical snide remark on Friday when I read my e-mail notification that my DVDs shipped Friday. Hey, I'd hopefully have something to watch for Thanksgiving! Ha ha ha.

But, folks, the M Squad arrived today with all the swiftness of a Lee Marvin right cross. Therefore, I am retiring my Deep Discount jokes for a while, and I kind of forgive the site for the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" incident. And, yes, if they put that one back on sale for 5 bones, I'll bite again...and I won't even mind if I have to wait till Thanksgiving.

No comments: