Sunday, July 12, 2009

My wife reads "People" so you don't have to #3

So once again, my wife left the magazine out the other day and open to a certain feature--not that I read it or nuthin'--and I happened to glance at a page of country music superstar Brad Paisley answering questions from readers.

One fan wanted to know, "If you could be any female country singer, who would you be?"

Paisley's response: "Taylor Swift 'cause she, like, totally went all the way with a Jonas brother."

No, I'm kidding about the reason. But Paisley actually did say Taylor Swift. I think his rationale was something like she's young, talented, on top of the world (as opposed to a Jonas brother), and stuff like that.

I'm hazy on the details of his answer because I still can't comprehend the question. You get one chance to ask a music superstar, presumably one you admire, a question, and you ask which female singer he would choose to BE? That's kind of an odd query, is it not? Even Barbara Walters wouldn't ask that question. Hell, even ALI G wouldn't ask that question. Hey, even Stuttering John in his prime wouldn't ask that question.

But someone did ask it, and "People" was there to get the answer. We're now all so much the wiser, case closed. I must admit, though, I kind of would like to see someone ask Toby Keith that question.

2 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Brad's a West Virginia boy, he hails from Glen Dale.

(pause)

I have nothing else to add...I just thought people should know.

Rick Brooks said...

Maybe I'll change the post title to "Ivan hails from West Virgina so you don't have to."

=)

Paisely seems like a decent guy. I might add he has a really hot actress wife...more pictures of whom would have been welcome in that magazine article I didn't read.