Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Doctor is out

A few weeks ago, a local PBS station started showing ITV series Doc Martin. I enjoyed the 6 first-series episodes and looked forward to continued installments. Well, last week, the channel showed the first two episodes of Series 2, but this week: nothing. Next week: nothing.

In fact, there is no sign of "Doc Martin" on this channel's program schedule in the foreseeable (or at least searchable) future. I don't know if this is because of the current infernal pledge drive--the fourth or fifth this year, I think--but it seems likely.

So here is what I am and am not going to do:

I AM going to watch more "Doc Martin" episodes.

I AM going to either rent them or watch them online.

I AM NOT going to wait for this PBS affiliate to show them.

I AM NOT going to give this PBS affiliate any money whatsoever. Ever.

No comments: