Thursday, August 19, 2010

This Week in DVD

The Last Song: Miley Montana--or Hannah Cyrus--or Miley Cyrus, that is, stars in this tearjerker that interests me not in the slightest except inasmuch as I feel obligated to list a new theatrical-to-DVD release this week.

Furry Vengeance: Oh, yeah, there's also the movie in which Brendan Fraser undoubtedly takes multiple nut shots from various wild critters.

Me and Orson Welles: Did I read this right--it's a Target exclusive? I know it stars Zac Efron, but Richard Linklater plus Orson Welles doesn't seem to equal "only at Target."

Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 4: I'm sure many fans gave up on this long-stalled classic series, but Vivendi came through and pulled Season 4 out of its...er, hat, Rock.

Friday Night Lights Season 4: Meanwhile, this show gets its regular DVD releases, but it remains under the radar. I bailed on season 2 with the disappointing Tyra storyline and found it difficult to get back on board, but eventually, I'll catch up thanks to these sets.

Dexter Season 4: Still haven't seen an episode of this series yet, but my dad endorses it, for what it's worth. What, you don't respect my dad? You want to make something of it? Sorry, I got a little aggressive there. Maybe I don't need to watch a show about serial killers.

Ugly Betty Season 4: With all these Season 4 sets this week, I half expected to see a Green Acres Season 4 box on the docket, but nothing doing.

One Tree Hill Season 7: This series isn't under the radar, it's off the screen. Each year I look over the networks' TV schedules, and each year, I go, "THAT's still on?"

Cougar Town Season 1: I keep reading that this show improved dramatically over the course of the season. Eh, probably too late for me. If I'm catching up on a series, it's gonna be "Friday Night Lights."

1 comment:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

With all these Season 4 sets this week, I half expected to see a Green Acres Season 4 box on the docket, but nothing doing.

...and more's the pity.