Thursday, October 21, 2010

Antenna TV looks like a winner

The cynic in me wants to say, "Enjoy this while it lasts because it'll take about 3 weeks for it to totally change and get rid of the old stuff," but classic TV lovers need to head over to Sitcoms Online pronto because Pavan has posted the launch schedule for Tribune Media's digital programming service, Antenna TV, which debuts in January.

Seriously, go there yourself, but let me just say this: Weekdays at 1:00 P.M., two episodes of "Burns and Allen!" Then "Hazel!" And the freakin' "Farmer's Daughter!" "Father Knows Best!" Even our beloved RTV isn't this committed to black and white, which is why I'm afraid this lineup will be scrapped by February in favor of more modern fare like "King of Queens." But in the meantime, I'll be there, assuming FIOS doesn't take forever to add it as it did RTV. Looks like I won't be getting caught up on my backlog of DVR'ed movies in January, either...

No comments: