Monday, October 4, 2010

This--well, LAST Week in DVD

Iron Man 2: Twice the Iron! Twice the man! Twice the number of credited screenwriters! Twice the merchandising tie-ins! See it twice!

Get Him to the Greek: Thanks, America, for speaking up loud and clear and putting the kibosh on the notion of Russell Brand as a movie star on these shores. Katy Perry's welcome to stay over here, though.

Babies: I don't know how successful the DVD is gonna be. Speaking from experience, a baby prevents you from having the time to watch a DVD. So when you do have time, why would you want to pop in a movie about someone else's babies?

The Killer Inside Me: Casey Affleck is a serial killer in this adaptation of the dark Jim Thompson novel. If you're like me and have problems picturing Casey Affleck as a brutal killer, just remember the number he just helped do on Joaquin Phoenix's career.

Legendary: This vehicle for WWE superstar John Cena was a bigger bomb than the debut of the Shockmaster. If you understand that pro wrestling reference, then...you probably still didn't see the movie.

Rich Man, Poor Man: If they made an epic miniseries with this title today (if they made an epic miniseries, period, today), it would culminate in a winner-take-all fight to the death between Rich Man and Poor Man. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, mind you.

Ellery Queen The Complete Series: I'd like to check this show out, as I've never seen a full episode, but I'm not gonna blind-buy it.
[TURNS TO READER]
Have YOU figured out how I'm gonna watch it?

Chris Jericho: Breaking the Code: One of the more entertaining pro wrestlers of his generation finally gets his own DVD collection. He's a lot more entertaining than Shockmaster, let's just put it that way. No, I'm not letting that reference go until everyone YouTubes it.

Essential Games of the Seattle Mariners: Somehow I'm guessing the time they played the Orioles at Camden Yard and I was there won't make it, but my wife and I had a great time. I'm just saying.

No comments: