Monday, June 6, 2011

Some ungentlemanly remarks concerning one Cameron Diaz

I hate to sound rather less than gallant here again, but isn't Cameron Diaz starting to look a little...well, a little haggard?

I wouldn't make an issue out of it except that she is being pushed as a starlet (witness the "Maxim" cover and the marketing for upcoming bomb "Bad Teacher") and being pushed as someone about 10 years younger. And, hey, my wife was the one who first pointed out that Diaz is too old to be coming across the way she is. At least she was the first to point it out in my household.

It would be one thing if Cameron still brought it, and in some still photos from some angles, she still does. My head turned when I saw that "Maxim" cover at the bookstore. But then I saw a commercial for "Bad Teacher," and I thought, hoo, boy. Diaz just looks like she has been through some livin', let's say that.

She has a career hot enough to be pushed like this, she has a famous boyfriend (or maybe not if the latest gossip reports are valid), and she has tons of cash. Who am I to criticize her, I know. But I'm just saying that I feel as though some fraud is being perpetrated on the public, a campaign to trick us into thinking Cameron Diaz is a fresh starlet instead of someone who has been around a while and who may want to start transitioning into different kinds of roles...and different kinds of magazines.

No comments: