Saturday, June 11, 2011

Will the real local RTV schedule please stand up?

When I blogged last week about the new lineup of the local RTV affiliate, part of me wondered if I was pulling the trigger too soon. After all, my own unreliable on-screen programming guide was the only source listing the changes, and it was quite possible I was spending a whole lot of time and energy and brainpower (well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) ruminating on a future that could well never be.

Well, the next day, the listings changed, and the forthcoming schedule "reverted" to the one in place. Then the next day, the listings for the next week out reflected the changes. Then the next day, all future schedules for this station were as they have been for months. This begs the question, what the heck is going on? And it also begs the question, should I really be writing about this again?

Well, I thought in the interest of posterity--because, you know, this is such a permanent medium--I should provide an update. I don't know what's going on with WJLA, but while I will continue to monitor the listings for "The Comedy Shop" and "Route 66," I won't write about it until one of the new additions actually shows up on my glorious low-def TV.

Of course, the best thing about the confusion is, still no "Da Vinci's Inquest" or "Cold Squad!"

No comments: