Monday, September 26, 2016

TV Time Bonus: More from Dragnet: the movie (1954)


I know, I know: I'm getting so much mileage out of that ClassicFlix article about movie adaptations of classic TV shows, I should take the blog in for an oil change. I can't let it go, though, without sharing some of my favorite moments from Dragnet, a fun flick that expands on the concept of the classic radio/TV drama and makes a credible feature-length extension of the world Jack Webb created.


Don't see a lot of shots like this one on the TV show!


This is the beginning of the movie, folks! Hard-hitting!



Webb's interrogation of Stacy Harris' character is one of the highlights of the film.
 

I kind of want to hang out at the Red Spot.

 
Time for a good old-fashioned brawl! This fight scene is one of the best action sequences Dragnet ever delivered.




Took its toll on the boys, though.



 
That crumpled up paper? That's what Friday thinks of namby-pamby concepts like the Fifth Amendment (some suspects used the papers to declare their intention to invoke it).


No comments: