Saturday, December 20, 2008

This Week in DVD

There are some funky release dates this week and next due to the forthcoming holidays, so consider this a catch-all "Pre-Christmas" edition of This Week in DVD, with a few of the discs mentioned not technically out this week. But if you go to your local retailer today and find one, hey, there you go--Christmas miracle!

Mamma Mia: Now, ladies, this year you had this AND "Sex and the City." Next year, you only get to pick one movie, OK? Thanks.

The Women: I guess I needn't have worried, ladies, since none of you bothered to see this one. Maybe two chick flicks for the over-30 set was enough.

The House Bunny: Anna Faris: Brilliant comedienne or attractive woman fawned over for being hot, seemingly accessible, and funny?

Burn After Reading: The Coens are wacky--wacky, I tells ya.

Mr. Bean Ultimate Collection: Sorry, I don't even want to KNOW what it is about this collection that makes my Complete Bean set obsolete. I can't bear to find out.

Hamlet 2: I haven't seen this and I don't necessarily mean this as a knock, but how did what sounds like a "Ben Stiller Show" sketch become, like, a real movie?

Petticoat Junction: The Official First Season: Paramount's moving even slower than Uncle Joe when it comes to getting this show out.

No comments: