Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Storylines I'll Be Following

THE SPREAD: Will the buffet at my mother-in-law's party include chicken wings?

HEALTH ISSUES: Will my stomach hold up to a full assortment of spicy, fattening, and otherwise not-so-good-for-me grub?

EXPERIENCE: How will our baby daughter respond to her first Super Bowl party? Can she withstand the crowd, the bright lights, the atmosphere?

ENDURANCE: And will she be cranky when we wake her up sometime around halftime to make the short drive back home?

CROWD NOISE: Will the other guests drown out Al Michaels and John Madden? Not that I'd be that upset if they did.

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE: Will we get priority in getting the best seats in front of the TV? How will having an infant factor into that?

And, oh, yeah, will the Steelers win? Because I sure hope they do.

No comments: