Sunday, March 13, 2011

In theaters this weekend

Little Red Riding Hood: Casting Amanda Seyfried in the title role ensures that in this version, the wolf will be the one exclaiming to Red, "My, what big eyes you have." It would be too glib to assert that since Catherine Hardwicke is directing, this is basically a fairy tale version of "Twilight." So I won't assert it. I will leave it there in my standard blog font, though.

Battle for Los Angeles: I'm gonna go ahead and list it even though after seeing the ads, I honestly have no idea whether it's a theatrical movie, a SyFy original weekend movie, or a video game.

Mars Needs Moms: I just found out this is based on a book by the guy who did the comic strip "Bloom County." That doesn't really change my initial misgivings about this animated 3-D film, though. I mean, it's also based on a book by the guy who did the comic strip "Outland."

Jane Eyre: I'm a dolt and have never read the book, so maybe this comment is just totally ignorant, but isn't there a version of this on TV every few years? What makes this version so special? The presence of Billy Elliott?

No comments: