Friday, March 18, 2011

My wife reads "People" so you don't have to: Mandy Moore

OK, so I just happened to be leafing through the recent double issue with Charlie Sheen on the cover, and when I got to the Oscars coverage, I was stunned to see a pic of Mandy Moore. I was stunned because it sure as heck didn't look like her. She looked a little...I don't know, off, which concerned me a bit because, hey, hasn't she had eating disorder issues in the past?

But then I looked at the rest of the article, and she looked like herself in all the other shots. The pics came from the same time frame, I think, which was the day of the Academy Awards. So what was up with that first photo, which made her look more like a sickly Jennifer Garner (not intended as an insult to Jennifer Garner, by the way)?

Well, look for yourself. Get that issue and turn to page...turn to page...eh, I don't have the mag handy anymore. Sorry. I guess I'm making it so you actually DO have to read "People," huh?

Well, I'll make it up to you by answering the question posed on the cover without even looking at the article myself: "What happened to Charlie Sheen?" Well, he drugged and partied himself into a state of incoherence. Duh. There you go, no need to read that story.

No comments: