Sunday, March 20, 2011

In theaters this weekend

The Lincoln Lawyer: I'm pleasantly surprised to read many good notices about this legal thriller starring Matthew McConaughey and based on one of the best-selling novels of Michael Connelly. I want to see it just for the scene where Matt leans against the courthouse and tells a colleague, "That's what I love about these paralegals, man. I keep getting older, they stay the same age." I wonder if he gets held in contempt for refusing to wear a shirt.

Paul: This sci-fi comedy stars one of my favorite modern comedy teams, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I'm always happy to see those two in films. However, "Paul" also features this roster of oveexposed comedy stars: Seth Rogen, Jane Lynch, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig--in other words, a bunch of people who I always see in films.

Limitless: The tagline is "What if a pill could make you rich and powerful?" Well, unless it also cured erectile dysfunction, we'd never hear about it.

No comments: