Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Urgent RTN Bulletin

My local Retro Television Network affiliate has made a programming change this week, and it's not for the better. RTN offers a live call-in talk show called "Unreliable Sources," and though I had heard about this show, I had hoped against hope it wouldn't come my way and deprive me of another vintage show.

Guess what? It's here, apparently weeknights at 11:00 pm (My FIOS listings have yet to reflect the change), which means "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" moves to midnight, "Night Gallery" to 12:30, and look what else is here--that old standby "Leave it to Beaver" at 11:30. One of the shows that got me most excited about RTN in the first place, "Kraft Suspense Theater," looks to be outta here.

I'm tempted to say this is the beginning of the end, but I guess "Unreliable Sources" has been running in plenty of other markets for months and therefore should not be seen as a harbinger of impending wholesale programming changes. It sure stinks that they already got rid of "Kraft Suspense Theater," though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love unreliable sources...the host jerry robbins is a hoot