Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank you, NFL!

We all get the Super Bowl match-up we wanted to see: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona. The nightmare scenario of a Philadelphia-Baltimore game did not materialize, and now I can comfortably enjoy both my mother-in-law's traditional big game buffet AND the game itself. Go Steelers!


(I wanted to thank God for keeping the Eagles out of the Super Bowl yesterday, but after a few minutes, I came to my senses and realized what a stupid and blasphemous act that would be. After all, any Higher Power that cared about football surely wouldn't have let Philadelphia get that close in the first place.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was also quite concerned about the very real possibility of an all-Pennsylvanian Super Bowl as I believe it's an impending sign of the apocalypse.

Rick Brooks said...

It's bad enough we had to hear so much about how important the Keystone State was in the election, an all-PA SB so soon afterwards indeed might have been too much.

In other words, I was BORN in PA., AND I agree!