Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Week in DVD

After a few oddball weeks during the holiday season, DVDs return with a BANG!

Well, actually, the slate is none too impressive this week, but here are some of the highlights. Maybe NEXT week DVDs return with a BANG!

Pineapple Express: OK, I know this is supposed to be a laugh riot and all, but I saw a bunch of ads for the theatrical release and never saw anything that looked funny. Now the DVD is on the way, I see a ton of ads for IT, and I still don't see anything funny.

Mannix Season 2: Mannix leaves Intertec and becomes a P.I., in other words the Mannix we all know and love...or at least, in my case, the Mannix we would have known and loved was in reruns more often in the 80s and 90s. Oh, one other thing about this set: FULL SEASON! WHOO-HOO!

Rona Barrett's Hollywood: Nothing But the Truth: I have no idea what this is other than it's apparently a collection of Rona celebrity interviews from the 1970s. And that somehow intrigues me.


Rivalry Series Basketball: North Carolina Beat Duke: Rumor has it there's a version of this DVD set titled "Duke Beats North Carolina" which features match-ups in which the Blue Devils win, but why would anyone want to buy that kind of garbage?

Righteous Kill: Remember when Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro starring in the same flick was a big deal?

Bangkok Dangerous: Yawn. Another month, another bad Nic Cage movie.

Babylon A.D.: Yawn. Another month, another bad Vin--wait a minute, I totally thought this came out, like 5 years ago. Guess I'm just way out of the loop on the Vin Diesel movies.

No comments: