Tuesday, September 15, 2009

50 Reasons to Turn Off Your TV Part 2 (11-20)

11) Larry King in high-def: Thanks for the warning, Mike. I don't even have high-def, but I shudder.

12) The I'm a PC/I'm a Mac commercials: Am I the only one that thinks the Mac guy is the smug and insufferable one and that the PC has become the appealing underdog?

13) "The Insider" without Pat O'Brien: How this show can continue without the ultimate insider is beyond me. I just don't feel...INSIDE anymore without the kind of access only he provided.

14) TV Guide Network barely showing TV listings: OK, perhaps on-screen listings are irrelevant in the age of DVRs and on-screen programming guides. But what's relevant about reruns of "Surreal Life" and "Punk'd"?

15) Sci-Fi changing its name to SyFy: Come on!

16) Elmo's World: Some of us remember 'Sesame Street" before the last third of every episode (not to mention numerous storylines in the rest of the show) was handed to this guy. Our own children will not be so lucky.

17) Home shopping channels: I really hoped this was gonna be a fad, but it's 2009 and there's still like 20 of them in my channel lineup.

18) Oprah's growling intros of her guests: We've all seen and made fun of it, so I won't go into detail, but I just saw a commercial the other day teasing her interview with "Whitney HOUUUUSTOOOOON!"

19) NFL Sunday Ticket: If you want to see something besides what your local network affiliates choose/are forced to give you, you have to have Direct TV. Oh, and you have to pay way, way too much money for it.

20) Saturday Night Live having Justin Timberlake on practically every other week: And the media making a big deal out of it.

No comments: