Friday, September 11, 2009

EXCLUSIVE Universal Top Ten College Football Poll: Week 2

We got such a wonderful response to last week's inaugural edition of the football poll (i.e., no death threats), we decided to conduct another one. Feel free to print it out and wave it in front of your friends if you get into an argument at the bar.

1) Utah: Still haven't been beaten.
2) Florida: Still defending paper champions.
3) Penn State: Dominant win over Akron does nothing to scare voters. It's really only respect for 1 and 2 that keeps PSU rated so low, but all bets are off if they beat #10 this week.
4) USC: Some think as a PSU fan, I should root for Ohio State because it helps strength of schedule and boosts the Big Ten. Hell with that. Go, USC!
5) Texas: "I've been sent to spread the message: GAAAAWD blessed Texas!" I don't necessarily believe that; I just have the song in my head.
6) Hillman College: Sinbad has these guys thinking big this year.
7) North Carolina: Hey, basketball season is just around the corner!
8) Miami: This is likely a one-week reward for beating Florida State, and, wow, I can't remember the last time I wanted to award Miami for anything.
9) Minnesota: See #10. I couldn't very well put in Syracuse without putting in Minnesota--er, I mean, the voters couldn't very well VOTE Syracuse in without voting in Minnesota.
10) Syracuse: The Orange squeak into the top ten this week after a narrow loss to Minnesota, giving Penn State a chance to beat its second consecutive top ten opponent this weekend.

Also receiving votes: Alabama, Dick Nixon, Adlai Stevenson, Women's Suffrage

No comments: