Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dream Theater: Just Say No

So last night, I had an odd dream, one in which I told Keith Urban, "Dude, you really need to straighten out and get off the drugs, man, like Jimmy Wayne says."

That's pretty much all I remember about this particular vision, but I still find it notable enough that I remember it today. Now, what does this dream mean? It could be that I am worried about the influence of controlled medication on my wife as she recovers from delivering our child. It could be my subconscious is eager to take on the complex relationship between illegal drug use and artistic output. Or it could be my brain just wants Keith Urban to lay off the drugs, dude.

NOTE: The Cultureshark legal department would like to take this opportunity to stress that this post in no way alleges that in real life Mr. Urban is now or has ever been under the influence of any kind of illegal substance. The Cultureshark legal department has seen the tabloids, though, you know.

As for Jimmy Wayne, I didn't know the guy from Reggie Wayne (going with him over the more obvious Bruce Wayne since it's Super Bowl week) until a few months ago when I learned he sang the country hit "Do You Believe Me Now?", which was in my head for the better part of 12 consecutive days. I don't know if that qualifies him in real life to play Drew Pinsky, but in my dream life, yeah, he's apparently on top of this--and concerned.

No comments: