Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall TV Warning Part 3

Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here. Or you could just scroll down a bit.

Lucky 7: This look at the trials and tribulations of a group of co-workers who win the lottery is adapted from a British series. I don't know about you, but whenever I see "adapted from a British series," I really just want   to see the British series.

Reign: I give full credit to the CW for making a show that's about, like, old history and stuff (Mary, Queen of Scots), though judging from the preview, it's not exactly a bunch of classically trained middle-aged thespians speaking iambic pentameter. Something else weird about this--well, it's really me: These days it really doesn't seem like a period costume drama without gratuitous nudity and shocking violence.

The Originals: Spinoff of "Vampire Diaries." Either you're in or you're out, right?

The Michael J. Fox Show: This new NBC sitcom is pretty aggressive about poking fun at Fox's Parkinson's disease, and it sure looks like a brave effort from the veteran comic actor. I have mixed feelings about the preview in general and mixed feelings about that aggression in particular. I will still probably give this a shot, though, because after all it does feature one of America's most beloved performers:

Wendell Pierce, AKA The Bunk from "The Wire."

No comments: