Monday, February 17, 2014

Oscar-nominated movies I actually want to see

I'd give you a full Academy Awards preview, but I don't really  know what's going on and I haven't seen any of the movies. What I can do, though, is tell you which ones I actually want to see. Why I will do that is...uh, never mind the why. I just will.

NOTE: I took all films nominated for one of the major categories, including best picture and the acting groups but also things like sound editing, and divided them all into various categories.

MUST SEE

American Hustle
Gravity
Frozen
Her
The Wolf of Wall Street

WANT TO SEE

All is Lost
Nebraska
Prisoners

ALREADY SAW--HEY, HOW ABOUT THAT!

Star Trek: Into Darkness
Iron Man 3

WILL SEE SOON BECAUSE IT'S ON NETFLIX AND I'LL WATCH IT WITH MY KIDS

The Croods

HAVE TO SEE THE FIRST ONE FIRST

Despicable Me 2

AM NOT DYING TO SEE BUT WILL TRY TO SEE EVENTUALLY BECAUSE OF THE PEDIGREE AND/OR THE REVIEWS

Before Midnight
Dallas Buyers Club
Philomena
Captain Phillips
Blue Jasmine
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Wind Rises
Saving  Mr. Banks

AM NOT DYING TO SEE BECAUSE, FRANKLY, IT SOUNDS INTENSE AND I CAN'T SEE MYSELF JUST RENTING IT ON A WHIM AT THE REDBOX KIOSK BUT AM AFRAID TO PUT IT ANOTHER CATEGORY BECAUSE IT MIGHT MAKE ME SEEM LIKE A BAD PERSON

12 Years a Slave

MAYBE AFTER I RE-READ THE BOOK

The Great Gatsby

DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS

Ernest and Celestine
The Grandmaster

WHAT THE HELL? IF IT COMES TO NETFLIX, SURE

The Lone Ranger

DON'T NEED TO SEE ANYTIME SOON

August: Osage County
The Book Thief
Lone Survivor

NOPE

Jackass Presents: Bad Grampa
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

No comments: