Monday, July 25, 2016

TV Time Bonus: The Munsters...IN COLOR!

I fell way behind on sharing some screencaps from my recent (is it still considered recent? It was this year, anyway) TV Time look at movie adaptations of classic TV shows. Today let's take a look at the Munsters in glorious Technicolor.

Not a bad movie, all in all

Herman suave as ever on the Munsters' boat trip to England
Grandpa and Lily looking good as well

These next pics just show the colors in the movie. Plus Herman's spectacular pajamas.




Poor Pat Priest was replaced by Debbie Watson because they wanted someone younger. Priest was pushing 30 at the time.
 
Now the moment we've all been waiting for: The romantic lead of the picture, the dashing, the elegant, the debonair...Mister Robert Pine!
 

Did I mention he affects an accent, too?
 
One of the highlights of the film is the big road race:
 
 

Herman Munster = One baaaaaad dude
 
Time for the young lovers to exchange farewells...for now.

"Ah, Marilyn, I'm so glad you aren't 30 and blonde like I was afraid you'd be."

"What the..."

Watching the young lovers is the proud uncle or...other kind of uncle?

"If Ponch is behind this, I'm gonna kill him!"

Let's go with proud uncle, but this kind of disturbs me.

No comments: