Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vault of Coolness: Richie Rich Fortune$

Am I the only one that finds this amusing in a way that was possibly not intended by the creators? I can't be the only person to read something into this cover.

This particular item has been in storage for years (an ARCHIVE FIND!), and the cover amuses me. It's been a long time since I read Richie Rich, so forgive me if I'm ignoring basic concepts of the mythology, or if I'm bringing up old stuff, but this panel amuses me as well:
Richie and Kevin are chased by criminals because Kevin took a photograph that proves them guilty. Kevin already asked Richie how many rooms are in the Rich Mansion, and the answer was about 300...on THIS floor.

If you had a really, really big house, wouldn't it be cooler to have a bunch of really, really big rooms than a bunch of regular rooms? I don't know, maybe you could have more planetariums or gymnasiums or smokeatoriums instead of making the place essentially a giant inactive hotel.

But I'm not super-rich, and this is only one floor, so, hey, what do I know?

No comments: