Sunday, February 17, 2008

Top 10 Movies of 2007 I Didn't See

I present this list as an explanation as to why some of the more prominent films of last year won't be on my Top 10 list. I've tried to see many, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to catch everything I would like to catch in a theater, especially when you work funky hours and someone can't make a movie less than 2 hours and 40 minutes (Ahem, Paul Thomas Anderson, ahem).

Some of them, quite frankly, I wasn't in a real rush to see. But all of these are either on a bunch of other top 10 lists of 2007 or could have been contENDAHS for my own.

This list, of course, is in no particular order because, after all, I didn't see any of these movies:

1) The Assassination of Jesse James by That Coward Robert Ford
2) American Gangster
3) There Will Be Blood
4) Atonement
5) Into the Wild
6) Rescue Dawn
7) In the Valley of Elah
8) The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
9) The Lives of Others
10) Zodiac

Wow, when you look at that list of high-profile movies of 2007, it seems like I hardly saw anything. In fact, I did see a lot of the releases of 2007, whether at home or in theaters. I just wanted to let you know before I post my own list in the next few days that, hey, I didn't see everything--far from it.

No comments: