Monday, May 4, 2009

WHY?

Welcome to a new feature we here like to call "Why?" You'll get the idea pretty quickly.

ITEM: ABC expresses interest in bringing back "Scrubs" for a ninth season.
WHY?

ITEM: Mutual of Omaha threatens legal action against Oprah Winfrey over her use of the phrase "aha moment."
WHY?

ITEM: Oprah calls ownership of the phrase "aha moment."
WHY?

ITEM: The band Creed is getting back together.
WHY?

ITEM: They made a sequel to "A Night at the Museum."
WHY?

ITEM: TV Land seems to show a dating reality show called "The Cougar" about 40 times a week.
WHY?

ITEM: According to "Entertainment Weekly," Michael Douglas is signed and on board, and Oliver Stone is ready to do a sequel to "Wall Street."
WHY?

Yeah, I realize the answer to most if not all of these is $$$ but can you blame a guy for asking?

2 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

You don't sound like an ingrate bitching about TCM on Demand--I do the perzact thing myself. My pet peeve is that they insist on calling those Elvis Mitchell interviews "Movies" when they should clearly be filed under "Shorts & Trailers."

I did watch The Hill on Demand last night. I'm hoping to be able to put up my impressions later on today, time permitting.

Rick Brooks said...

Actually, that one intrigues me, too, but I think it's the exception that proves the rule on there lately. Even if they only have 5 or so movies up at a time, they could reserve a slot for something rarer.