Monday, November 30, 2009

Gotta love Bear Manor Media

If I may "expose the business" a little bit here, let me tell you that I was all set to put up a tongue-in-cheek post about how I'd like to see a book called "The Definitive Quincy Companion," a volume devoted entirely to everyone's favorite TV M.E. I had come up with some of the features it should have, some of the tidbits I'd like to learn, et cetera.

Imagine my surprise (and while you're at it, imagine me kicking back in Aruba; I could use a vacation) when I saw an ad for Bear Manor Media books and saw that there IS a book about "Quincy, M.E." Yep, a fellow named James Rosin wrote it, and you can view/order it right here.

Now, I can't vouch for this, but it's awesome that someone wrote it, and it's possibly even awesomer that someone published it. Kudos to Bear Manor for publishing all sorts of cool works on film, radio, and TV. None of these books, as far as I know, features the cast of "Twilight," which makes Bear Manor's website a helluva lot more fun to peruse than the TV/Radio/Film shelf at your local Barnes & Noble.

I'm not a paid shill, by the way, just an average shark who's delighted and fascinated that a "Quincy" book is in print in 2009. I really ought to read more Bear Manor stuff, as they have a great-looking catalogue, and the last one I read (this one) was excellent.

No comments: