Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm still here

Apologies for the lack of posts this past week, but I'm gonna play the weather card here. Between working in anticipation of the storms in area, working during the storms in the area, and exhausting myself shoveling, I've neglected this blog, to be sure.

We're supposedly getting another storm tonight, and I am ready...for bed. The only way to amp the fun level of digging out during and after a blizzard is to have plows, neighbors, and nature conspire to surround your car with a wall of snow and ice. It was like my own little Fortress of Solitude out there. I was tempted to go out this morning, put a tape in the cassette deck, and wait for Jor-El to dispense wisdom about my future.

Instead, I shoveled and scraped for another hour and a half...and almost liberated my vehicle.

Hopefully I'll be back by the end of the week, assuming the power stays on. Stay warm, everybody!

No comments: