Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This Week in DVD

2012: It's the end of the world, baby! That line is never uttered in "2012," as far as I know, but it was used in a great episode of "Suspense Theatre" my dad and I watched on RTN over the holidays, and I've been meaning to use it ever since.

The Box: This movie garnered some of the worst reviews of 2009 despite having a pretty good premise...for a half-hour TV show episode.

Where the Wild Things Are: I never noticed how many Warner Brothers movies I wanted to see till they put that stupid 30-day rental delay into effect with Netflix and Redbox. Wherever the Wild Things are, they won't be in my house until April, I guess.

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee: Wasn't this supposed to be an Oscar bait movie for Robin Wright Penn? It just disappeared. In retrospect, Oscar bait that stars Keanu Reeves and has the name "Pippa" in the title should not really be considered Oscar bait.

Alice in Wonderland (1933): This Paramount version of the classic story, replete with an All-Star cast including Gary Cooper and W.C. Fields, is out this week. OK, so now you know and I know. Will someone let Netflix know? They're not carrying it yet.

Have Gun Will Travel Season 4 Part 1: After a long gap and a fiasco with some third-season sets with major production flaws going on sale at Amazon (never did get a definitive answer on what happened there, but it was enough to keep me from buying that season), CBS Paramount throws fans a bone with HALF of the next season...at more than half the cost, I might add.

Matlock Season 4: By the time Paramount finishes "HGWT," I'll be old enough to watch this show.

No comments: