Friday, September 17, 2010

This Week in DVD

Prince of Persia: In this Bruckheimer adaptation of a video game, Jake Gyllenhaal is a bad-ass warrior who--wait, excuse me. HAHAHAHAHAHA...
Ahem. Trying this again: Gyllenhaal is a bad-ass warrior--BWAHHAHAHAHAHA!
I can't do this. Let's save this for later.

Letters to Juliet: At one point not so long ago, Amanda Seyfried was a relative unknown. Now she's in, like, every other movie. None of them looks particularly enticing, but I kind of like her look. She has a classic movie star big head and exaggerated features, almost like a blonde Christina Ricci. There's just something interesting about her. But in this case, I'm content to just look at the DVD cover instead of actually watching the movie.


Just Wright: Get it? Just WRIGHT? 'Cause the name is "Wright," and...eh, this romantic comedy is off to a bad start already, isn't it?


The Black Cauldron 25th Anniversary Edition: Does this mean I should finally see this one now?

Prince of Persia: Jake Gyllenhaal is a bad-ass--HEE HEE HEE! Nope, still can't do it. Next!


It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 5: In this batch of episodes, the gang does despicable things and acts like a bunch of a-holes. In other words, more of the same, but in a good way.


Grey's Anatomy Season 6: I don't watch this show, but from what little I've seen when my wife has it on, I'd wager the above entry would apply here, too, with maybe a few minor changes--like the "in a good way" part.


The Big Bang Theory Season 3, The Good Wife Season 1: This week, we get a lot of TV show seasons released to coincide with the debuts of their new fall seasons. Hey, makes sense, right?

Leave it to Beaver Season 4: Well, there's no new season of "Leave it to Beaver," but the whole family can sit in front of the Philco and enjoy "$#*! My Dad Says" every Thursday night on CBS.


America: The Story of Us: Does anything tell the story of America better than the fact that the whole family can watch "$#*! My Dad Says" every Thursday night on CBS? A lot of people refused to give this History Channel miniseries a shot because it featured a cameo by President Obama. I refused to give it a shot because History Channel kind of stinks lately.


Bill Maher: But I'm Not Wrong: Maybe not, but you're an a-hole! Hey, he should do a guest shot on "It's Always Sunny."

Prince of Persia: Jake Gyl--oh, I give up.

No comments: