Tuesday, May 27, 2014

On the radio: Rockin' in the grocery store


I have often said that one of the best and most underappreciated places to hear classic rock music these days is at the local grocery store. I wish I could cite a specific place or time I said that. I have, though; just trust me on that one.

Last month I was at Wegmans (no apostrophe, please) near closing time, and as I searched for some kind of dessert, I enjoyed the in-house sound system blaring Tom Petty's "A Higher Place" from his underrated 1994 "Wildflowers" album. This is a really good song, one you'll never hear on the radio anymore, one you may not have heard as much as you should have in 1994, but one you can hear while looking for a giant birthday cookie in a supermarket an hour before the joint shuts down.

There was an extra spring in my step as I bounded through the bakery, and though it vanished when I couldn't find a giant birthday cookie, I still enjoyed the tune. I wasn't the only one; some dude cleaning up his station was whistling along and grooving. It used to be you could count on a steady does of Chuck Mangione to go along with your groceries, but now you can expect actual rock music in this kind of shopping outlet.

Wait, does this mean classic rock is old and, worse, that...I'M old?

NAHHHH.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that if you are frustrated by the lack of radio options on your dial, stop by your local supermarket. You might hear something you won't hear many other places. You might even find a giant birthday cookie. Just don't count on that one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة هى الشركة الوحيدة التى من الممكن ان يكون لديها القدرة العالية على تنظيف كل الاماكن التى توجد داخل الفلل وتنظيف الفلل يختلف عن تنظيف اى مكان اخروذلك لان تنظيف الفلل يكون به اماكن يكون من الصعب على اى انسان عادى مهما كان ان يتمكن من تنظيف هذه الاماكن الا شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة واحده فقط هى شركتنا
شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة
وذلك لانها تضم نخبة من الخبراء والعمال المتخصصين فى عملية التنظيف باستخدام احدث الاجهزة الموجوده داخل الوطن العربى فى عملية التنظيف وباستخدام احدث المبيدات الموجوده بالمدينة المنورة.
غسيل فلل بالمدينة المنورة

تعتبر خدمة تنظيف فلل بالمدينه المنوره من اهم الخدمات التى تقدمها شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة فنحن نقدم مستوى عالى وجودة عالية جدا من النظافة التى لم تجدها فى اى شركة تنظيف فلل اخرى.فهناك كثير من الشركات التى تقدم خدمة تنظيف الفلل ولكن لا تمتلك الخبرة و العمالة المدربة المتخصصة فى كيفية غسيل الفلل لكن نحن متخصصون ونمتلك افضل العمالة المدربة والتى تقدم خدمة التنظيف بكل كفاءة و حرص و دقة,
تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة
حيث تقوم غسيل فلل بالمدينة المنورة بعملية تنظيف شاملة لكل غرف النوم و الحمامات و المطابخ بكافة انواعها.