Thursday, January 22, 2009

Page Ought: George Clooney is a nice guy?

Welcome to the debut of Page Ought, the hard-hitting Cultureshark gossip column!

OVERHEARD by one observer early Thursday morning at a well-populated public spot...

OK, OK, it was me, I was at the pediatricians', and I was listening as some of the receptionist/administrative staff were talking about the celebrities in D.C. for the inauguration.

One said that her friend was with George Clooney the whole day (not a "Pretty Woman" arrangement but some kind of minder/assistant function, I gather) and he "is the nicest guy." Another woman echoed that sentiment, saying, "That's what I hear from everyone," and then they both agreed that Clooney's a great person as others nodded assent.

So, Clooney haters, and I know you're out there, much as you might like to paint him an elitist out-of-touch Hollywood egomaniac, among this sector of "the people," he's a a helluva bloke.

No comments: