Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vault of Coolness: Jack Webb


When I found a bunch of photos from the 1959 Jack Webb movie "-30-" in a collectibles store , I knew I had to buy one. I've never seen the Webb-directed drama set at an L.A. newspaper, but I've read about it, and, hey, owning the photo gives me another excuse to track it down. Newspapers, Jack Webb, Bill Conrad...that sounds like a winning recipe.

I'm not sure why I chose THIS photo, but there's something appealing about the casual cheer of Webb's apparent phone call home. Now, I don't want to see a bunch of phone calls to home, or scenes at home, or conversations ABOUT home, etc., in a Jack Webb newspaper movie, but this is a fun image.

How's about screening this one of these years, TCM, and saving me the cost of a boot--uh, the agony of waiting for a legitimate DVD release?

No comments: