Saturday, August 17, 2013

All right, I think I need a DVR again

For a variety of reasons, I have been without DVR at Cultureshark Tower for quite some time now, and the void has really changed my TV habits. For one thing, I don't do my daily scans of the schedule of the Greatest Cable Channel Known to Mankind--that's TCM to you--because I don't want to torture myself by seeing the movies I won't be able to sit down and watch as they air.

But just a while ago a friend alerted me to the fact that it is Wally Beery Day on Turner Classic, and I was stunned. How could I have missed this? How could I have gone about my day doing errands, shopping, eating--basically, living and dumb stuff like that--when an entire day of Berry was unfolding without me?

I just looked at the CONcast program guide (Does anyone know if it's standard for non-DVR customers to only receive a day or two of listings at a time? For that matter is it standard if you DO have a DVR? Because if so, I ain't ever getting a DVR from them), and fortunately I have seen all the flicks that are on tonight. But I am afraid to go to the TCM website and see what already screened. If I missed something cool, I'll be heartbroken...even if I really did have important things to do today and probably couldn't have seen it, anyway.

This is no way to live life. Maybe I need to figure out a way to get a DVR again.

No comments: