Friday, August 9, 2013

My Classic Flix column debuts this week

Last week I told you about my first review appearing over at Classic Flix; this week my monthly TV Time column debuts with a look at "Beat the Clock." I'm having a lot of fun writing about classic television over there, and I hope you'll check it out. I want to thank my buddy and Friend of the Site Ivan for inviting me to be part of the revamped website. He has assembled a fantastic roster of contributors (once you get past that guy doing the classic TV column) who are producing some really entertaining content.

And while I'm certainly not impartial, and, yes, I am compensated for my writing (but not for saying this), while you're looking at the articles and reviews, I suggest you explore the commercial part of the website. Not only can you buy lots of classics on DVD, you can rent them by mail. Let me tell you, if you were dismayed several years ago when Netflix started de-emphasizing vintage material, then tried to dump mail order rentals altogether, you really want to take a look at ClassicFlix. If there's any other way to rent all those Warner Archive and other MOD catalog titles, I don't know of it. There are a variety of membership plans available, and you can get a whole month of service for the price of less than one of those MOD discs. The selection is amazing, and the service is excellent.

If you're already a Classic Flix member and that led you here...uh, I really hope this isn't the first post you saw. Trust me, I do a lot more than just hype my Classic Flix articles. Stick around, and I'll try to post something interesting soon. I'm here 365 days a year. I don't POST 365 days a year--what am I, crazy?--but I'm here.

No comments: